Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Arun Venugopal <Ar...@cognizant.com> on 2005/10/26 11:40:07 UTC

Clustering

Hi,

I am doing a comparison study of different application servers. I saw
one module on clustering in the source code. I would like to know if
that code is functional or if it is meant simply as an API. Also if it
is functional, then how can i test it ?

Thanks and regards
Arun

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

  Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

Re: Clustering

Posted by Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>.
The cluster module in the repo is out of date.

Conversation about clustering is going on on geronimo-dev.

With my Geronimo hat on:

We hope to start providing some form of clustering fn-ality by the G-1.0
release. This will probably initially be web-only, although the OpenEjb
team are involved in discussions about what we can do with EJB.

With my WADI (http://wadi.codehaus.org) hat on:

We hope to get a WADI technology preview release into G-1.0. This will
provide some form of HttpSession clustering. We hope that OpenEJB SFSBs
will soon be able to reuse WADI infrastructure to become distributable
as well. WADI uses a distributed hash table (Sessions are stored in a
logical Map. The Map would be too large for a single node to hold, so,
physically, the buckets of this Map are held on different nodes. Each
node knows who owns each bucket and in this way can ensure that requests
and sessions meet somewhere within the cluster to maintain proper
service.). For more info see http://wadi.codehaus.org or jump on our
user list and ask questions.

cheers,

Jules

Arun Venugopal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am doing a comparison study of different application servers. I saw
> one module on clustering in the source code. I would like to know if
> that code is functional or if it is meant simply as an API. Also if it
> is functional, then how can i test it ?
>
> Thanks and regards
> Arun
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
> information.
> reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding,
> printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on
> this e-mail is strictly
> prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

crystallises out around it."