Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Be...@VerizonWireless.com on 2006/05/17 16:42:11 UTC

Even more extreme strangeness with AxisServlet

Hi again,

Earlier I had reported that when I removed an axis service using the
admintool it was not disappearing from the list of services within the
AxisEngine object.  I have been fiddling with this for days now, and
when I reached the end of my rope, I tried an experiment:

I took the code for AxisServlet and changed its class name to the class
name of my servlet (which does something almost, but not quite, entirely
unlike AxisServlet, but using the same data from the Engine, i.e. wsdl
location, type registrations, etc), and deployed it as a servlet.  I hit
the new servlet and sure enough, there was my list of services, looked
just like AxisServlet.  Great!

I then undeployed a service - the SAME CODE had the SAME PROBLEM that my
code does - it did not see that the service had been removed, and so
gave me the same list of services as it did the first time.  I had two
tabs open, one to AxisServlet, and one to FakeAxisServlet, both of which
were *exactly the same code*.  AxisServlet picked up on the service
removal and removed it from the list.  FakeAxisServlet did not.

Can anyone explain this?  It seems to me it must be a configuration of
some sort, but I'm buggered if I can find it anywhere, and I've grokked
code until my eyes are bleeding.  Why does the same code not act the
same just because I changed the name of the class containing it?

Any expert opinions, mocking of my pathetic near-sightedness, et. al.
welcome!

Thanks,

Ben

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.