Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org> on 2017/05/03 02:42:43 UTC

Thinking about renaming TabletPeer

It would be nice to rename TabletPeer. What do you guys think? It's kind of
a confusingly named class.

I think a better class name would be ReplicatedTablet or TabletReplica.

Mike

Re: Thinking about renaming TabletPeer

Posted by Dan Burkert <da...@apache.org>.
> none seems better than TabletReplica IMO.

+ 1

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
FYI the TabletPeer -> TabletReplica rename patch just landed:
https://github.com/apache/kudu/commit/7f72105b79b36480d132e0ed10f4cc
7fbabd6dca

It touched a lot of files so you might want to rebase soon to avoid
conflicts.

Thanks,
Mike

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com>.
+1 on TabletReplica.

Posted by William Berkeley <wd...@gmail.com>.
+1 TabletReplica

Posted by Andrew Wong <aw...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by da...@gmail.com.

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
HostedReplica? LocalReplica? HostedTabletReplica?

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.