Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Nuno Ferreira <nu...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/06 19:41:01 UTC

Question about XPath

Hi, i'm using Xerces 3.0.0.b1 and i can't get xpath to work

Basically i'm parsing a file with XercesDOMParser

then i grab the stuff to a DOMDocument

DOMDocument* domDoc = xdomp->getDocument();

initialise the xpath stuff

DOMXPathEvaluator* xpath = (DOMXPathEvaluator*) domDoc;
DOMXPathResult *xpres;

and finally in a try/catch i try to get the result

xpres = (DOMXPathResult *)
xpath->evaluate(XMLString::transcode("packet/group/offset"),
domDoc->getDocumentElement(), NULL, DOMXPathResult::ANY_TYPE, NULL);

However i always get a message saying: "The requested result type is not
supported".

Any help?

Thanks

RE: Question about XPath

Posted by ka...@wipro.com.
Hi,

I don't think xerces-c supports Xpath. "Request type not supported" is the default print in their implementation.

You can try using Xqilla (http://xqilla.sourceforge.net/HomePage) which works on top of Xerces and support Xquery and Xpath. Xqilla needs Xerces-c v 2.8.

Regards,
Karuna

________________________________

Re: Question about XPath

Posted by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com>.
Hi Nuno,

Nuno Ferreira <nu...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, i'm using Xerces 3.0.0.b1 and i can't get xpath to work

After b1 was released Alberto added the -xpath option to the
DOMPrint example to shown how to use built-in support for basic
XPath in 3.0.0. You can view the relevant code in DOMPrint.cpp
in the SVN repository:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xerces/c/trunk/samples/src/DOMPrint/DOMPrint.cpp?view=co

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools
Open source XML data binding for C++:   http://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd

Re: Question about XPath

Posted by Nuno Ferreira <nu...@gmail.com>.
You have to download the 3.0.0 version

http://marc.info/?l=xerces-c-users&m=120541881312475&w=2

Re: Question about XPath

Posted by Ferdinand Knapitsch <no...@tugraz.at>.
Am Wed, 09 Apr 2008 16:10:54 +0200 schrieb Alberto Massari:

> Yes; even when using 3.0, you will have to use XQilla if you need
> anything more than simple element navigation.
>
> Alberto

Thank you very much for your answer!

Re: Question about XPath

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.