Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/30 19:45:32 UTC

Re: dev Digest 30 Jan 2013 09:38:18 -0000 Issue 313

Hi Alfonso,

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 1:38 AM, <de...@gora.apache.org> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Gora+MongoDB are happy news. Good to know about that feature.
> Maybe someone should make some little document with the involved classes
> for extend a new datastore (maybe I will try someday).

This would be really welcomed actually. It is something which we need to
improve upon most certainly. Currently the process of contributing
documentation to Gora is bloody difficult and this needs to change.

> About compiling schemas, in my opinion, someday someone should do something
> for maven (plugin:) . But by now anything automated is welcome.

Well, some good news. Within Ed's patch and proposal for the Avro upgrade
he re-factored the compiler (splitting it out into its own module) and the
idea is to publish this and Renato's DynamoDB compiler as maven plugins
which you can simply call from within your pom. This is something for the
future though.
Thanks
Lewis