Posted to user@curator.apache.org by "Phong X. Nguyen" <P....@verizonmedia.com> on 2021/03/27 00:20:05 UTC

Curator, Zookeeper and Guava woes

I'm in a bit of a pickle on a project that uses Zookeeper, Curator and
Guava.

We're currently on Guava 14, Zookeeper 3.5.7 and Curator 2.4.2.

We'd like to upgrade to a reasonably recent version of Guava. That requires
an upgrade to Curator 4, but that brings in the problem reported in
CURATOR-526 and ZOOKEEPER-3577. Our Zookeeper configuration uses the old
securedClientPort setting, which is currently unavailable in the new
Dynamic Reconfiguration file format and thus is rejected by Zookeeper's new
EnsembleTracker.

Is there a way out of this situation without deploying our own
custom-patched Curator 2 or Curator 3? Merely upgrading to Guava 17 isn't
much of a win for us (and meanwhile our automated security scanners keep
yelling at us for using outdated libraries)

Thanks,
Phong X. Nguyen

Re: [E] Re: Curator, Zookeeper and Guava woes

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno lun 29 mar 2021 alle ore 06:09 Phong X. Nguyen
<P....@verizonmedia.com> ha scritto:

> Will we be able to use Curator 5.1.1 and the ZK 3.7.0 client library with a ZK 3.5.7 server cluster?

yes
in theory you can still use ZooKeeper 3.5.x client library with the
new Curator version,
but if you can also upgrade ZK dependency on the client it is better

Enrico

Posted by "Phong X. Nguyen" <P....@verizonmedia.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Fyi