Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Colin Hawkett <co...@morpheus.co.uk> on 2004/10/22 21:26:14 UTC

JNLP plugin

Hi,

   I am in the process of using the JNLP plugin, and I am
having a couple of difficulties.  Firstly my project
structure is -

BuildRoot
Project A
Project B

I don't have the build root above projects A & B because I
am using eclipse as a development environment, and this
dictates a flat project structure.  So I run maven from
within the BuildRoot directory, which contains the
project.xml that the other projects extend.  Note that
BuildRoot only contains build files, and is not itself
generated as an artifact.

For JNLP I would like to deploy the generated jnlp file and
the signed jars for Project A and Project B.  Project A
contains the main class file.  So I have put the required
jnlp properties in the project.properties for Project A,
and declared a dependency on Project B, and declared this
to be jnlp.jar - in any case, the JNLP file gets generated
coorrectly, the jars get signed ok and everything to this
point looks good.

The problem is that if I declare 'maven.jnlp.dir' to point
to my distribution location, only  the jnlp file and
ProjectA.jar are copied, not the dependency ProjectB.jar -
so the question is how to get all the dependency jars that
were signed in the process?  I thought perhaps the
project.properties for Project B should also contain
'maven.jnlp.dir', but this seems to have no effect.  Is it
the intention with this plugin that all other dependencies
must be copied manually?

I'm probably missing something obvious, but its starting to
drive me mad, so I thought I'd ask before tearing any more
hair out - thanks,

Colin

This email and any files transmitted with it contain information that may be
confidential or privileged, and are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify me by
return email immediately. Any opinions expressed are those of the author,
not of Morpheus Limited.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.

RE: JNLP plugin

Posted by Colin Hawkett <co...@morpheus.co.uk>.
OK I kind of got it working, but I needed to run jnlp against each
project, which means that I get a jnlp file for every project in the
deployment directory - has anyone managed to get the whole dependency
structure working and copied?  Also I have to manually sign third party
jars (e.g. log4j) - should these be signed and copied as well?  Thanks,

Coln