Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Emerson Cargnin <ec...@bol.com.br> on 2003/10/26 22:37:13 UTC

Start command doesn't reach execute method

While trying to debug geronimo, when the debugger reachs the following code :

ThreadGroup group = new ThreadGroup("Geronimo");
Thread mainThread = new Thread(group, main, "Main-Thread");
mainThread.start();
mainThread.join(); // stops here
return Command.SUCCESS;

It never gets to the return command as it stay paused in Thread.join() command.

Is this expected?

Emerson Cargnin

---

Re: Start command doesn't reach execute method

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>.
Yup ;-)  The return does not mean too much, except that a return value
is required from the Command interface.  At some point, when the
interactive interpreter bits are in-place, the join can be dropped to
allow a user to execute more commands on the running instance.

--jason

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.