Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> on 2010/11/19 20:03:55 UTC

Re: [CONF] Apache Tapestry > Confluence Site Setup

On 19.11.2010 18:41, confluence@apache.org wrote:
> {info}
> Content copied to {{/www/tapestry.apache.org}} is not immediately visible; yet another cron job \(!)
> copies this content to the main Apache web server, about once an hour. On the other hand, content
> {{~uli}} is available in real time.

No, it's not. Only content at https://cwiki.apache.org/TAPESTRY/ is a realtime export of our space.
~uli/tapestry-site is also updated only once an hour but indeed, it doesn't have the delay added by
pushing to the main webservers.

Re: [CONF] Apache Tapestry > Confluence Site Setup

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
That's what I'm doing, but I'm getting errors about permissions mailed to
me.  I wonder what it would take to rsync directly from the export folder on
thor directly into /www/tapestry.apache.org ?

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> wrote:

> OK, but please don't copy from ~uli to www/tapestry.apache.org. Use
>
> 04 * * * * /usr/local/bin/rsync -rp /www/confluence-exports/TAPESTRY/ /www/
> tapestry.apache.org/
>
> Uli
>
> Am 19.11.2010 20:13, schrieb Howard Lewis Ship:
>
>  It's a bit ambiguous, I meant to say that the content is visible at ~uli
>> as
>> soon as its copied from confluence-export.
>>
>> Let's see.
>>
>> Howard changes a page.
>> Eventually, Confluence auto exports.
>> Eventually, the content gets copied to people.apache.org
>> Eventually, the content gets copied to ~uli (where its now visible)
>> Eventually, the content gets copied to /www/tapestry.apache.org
>> Eventually, the content gets copied to minutaur (?) where it's visible to
>> outside world
>>
>> 'cause we're professionals!   Really, this looks like something Moe Larry
>> and Curly would put together.
>>

>> Anyway, I'm going to set up the cron job ... all the content that's there
>> is
>> still rebuildable from sources in Subversion if we decide we don't like
>> it.
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Ulrich Stärk<ul...@spielviel.de>  wrote:
>>
>>  On 19.11.2010 18:41, confluence@apache.org wrote:
>>>
>>>  {info}
>>>>

>>> No, it's not. Only content at https://cwiki.apache.org/TAPESTRY/ is a
>>> realtime export of our space. ~uli/tapestry-site is also updated only
>>> once
>>> an hour but indeed, it doesn't have the delay added by pushing to the
>>> main
>>> webservers.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn
how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [CONF] Apache Tapestry > Confluence Site Setup

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.