Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Ashutosh Kumar <as...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/09 11:02:43 UTC

Machine Learning on Apache Fink

I am looking for some study material and examples on machine learning . Are
classification , recommendation and clustering libraries available ? What
is the timeline for Flink as backend for Mahout? I am building a meta data
driven framework over Flink . While building data collection and
transformation modules was cool , I am struggling since I started analytics
module. Thanks in advance.
Ashutosh

Re: Machine Learning on Apache Fink

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
still in the works (for mahout). but soon.

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Ashutosh,

Flink’s ML library flinkML is maybe not as extensive as Spark’s MLlib.
However, Flink has native support for iterations which makes them blazingly
fast. Iterations in Flink are a distinct operator so that they don’t have
to communicate after each iteration with the client. Furthermore, Flink has
support for delta iterations which allow you to iterate over a subset of
the elements in DataSet. This can speed appropriate algorithms, such as
many graph algorithms, considerably up.

If you have further questions while studying the available material feel
free to write me.

Cheers,
Till
​