Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Amit Sela <am...@infolinks.com> on 2014/01/20 10:30:54 UTC

Fair scheduler not assigning tasks

I've been using Fair Scheduler with Hadoop 1.0.4 for f few months now with
no issues what so ever.
All of a sudden I have a problem where jobs are in status UNASSIGNED. Jobs
submitted are pending for map/reduce slots although the cluster resources
are free.
In some of the pools only map slots are available, in others only reduce
slots and in some nothing is.
If I change the jobs' pool or upgrade it's priority it sorts itself.....

I see nothing in JobTracker / TaskTracker logs.
Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Amit.