Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by David Turner <tu...@genome.wi.mit.edu> on 2001/10/23 18:47:37 UTC

URL Serializer/Deserializer

I've created a service that has a method that takes a parameter of
java.net.URL.  I had to developed a serializer and deserializer for this
because soap 2.2 doesn't support URL's as parameters (see attached).

When I execute the client I get back a fault (the soap request envelope
looks good going to the server):

    Fault Code = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
    Fault String = org/apache/soap/util/xml/Serilizer

That's it.  I've looked at the rpcrouter servlet and it's here that I
think it's generating the fault response.  I modeled my serializer and
deserializer after the DateSerializer/Deserializer.

I'm not sure what is wrong, but any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

--
David Turner <tu...@genome.wi.mit.edu>
Senior Software Engineer