Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Ryo Neyama <ne...@trl.ibm.co.jp> on 2000/11/21 12:24:51 UTC

SOAP-ENC Encoder (including arrays) for TRLSOAP

There was some questions about array encoding posted in the soap-user
mailing list.

I'll be posting SOAP-ENC encoder that can encode any Java objects
including arrays into XML in SOAP-ENC encoding style and RPC encoder
that encodes RPC request/response into XML in the way described in the
SOAP spec.  The SOAP-ENC encoder supports almost all the features
described in the SOAP spec, including multi-dimensional arrays.

At this moment the encoder is desined for TRLSOAP(*) we posted before,
but I think it can be used for Apache SOAP V3 as well.

    (*) http://www.trl.ibm.co.jp/projects/xml/soap/trlsoap/

Altough my posting of this implementation does not mean we are very
interested in SOAP-RPC, we hope this can be the base of RPC for Apache
SOAP V3.  Also, another my intension is that I'd like to show you how
easily SOAP-RPC can be built on top of SOAP messaging platform.
Actually, I just added some components related to encoding to the
messaging platform this time.

For more detail, please take a look at the package.
Hope any comments or questions.

Regards,
    Ryo Neyama @ IBM Research, Tokyo Research Laboratory
    Internet Technology