Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/19 22:19:05 UTC

ant/junit setup help

I just got a new computer (vista) and am setting up the dev environment...

on my old computer, i would run
  $ ant test

and get a nice displaying saying each test and how long it takes.
stdout/stderr was linked to the files generated from "ant test-reports"

On the new one, all the stdout/stderr info pumped to the command line,
so i get miles of:
     [junit] Apr 19, 2007 1:02:30 PM
org.apache.solr.core.RequestHandlers initHandlersFromConfig
     [junit] INFO: adding requestHandler:

The build file is the same.  Is there an environment variable somewhere
i need to set?

thanks for any pointers
ryan

Re: ant/junit setup help

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: > Hmmm.. i wonder if some default behavior changed in an option (or in a
: > formatter)

: My 'working' setup:
:   apache-ant-1.6.5
:   junit-4.1
:
: The one that puts all the output to stdout:
:   apache-ant-1.7.0
:   junit-4.1 (or junit-3.8.1)

I'm seeing the same thing now that i'm playing arround with Ant 1.7 ... it
appears that <junit>'s printsummary="withOutAndErr" didn't use to do what
it advertised, and now it does.  i'm going to change that to
printsummary="on" which does what it seems we all want it to do in both
1.7 and 1.6.5 ... setting the junit.details property forces the full dump
of info to the consolr for people who want it (Erik set that up a while
back i believe) all output allways goes the test's xml log file.

-Hoss

Re: ant/junit setup help

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : IIRC, I think I installed an older version of junit (or was it ant?)
> : and it fixed
> : the problem for me.
>
> Hmmm.. i wonder if some default behavior changed in an option (or in a
> formatter)
>
> which version of Junit/ant do you have installed on each of your boxes
> ryan?

Using ant-1.6.5, it looks good again.

Re: ant/junit setup help

Re: ant/junit setup help

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 4/19/07, Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got a new computer (vista) and am setting up the dev environment...
>
> on my old computer, i would run
>   $ ant test
>
> and get a nice displaying saying each test and how long it takes.
> stdout/stderr was linked to the files generated from "ant test-reports"
>
> On the new one, all the stdout/stderr info pumped to the command line,

Same thing happened to me.
IIRC, I think I installed an older version of junit (or was it ant?)
and it fixed
the problem for me.

-Yonik