Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com> on 2021/12/01 16:19:27 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Cayenne 4.2.B1 release, second try

Hi all,

Here's a new build of 4.2.B1.

Release notes: https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/4.2.B1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1046/
Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.2.B1/

Please evaluate and cast your votes.

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cayenne 4.2.B1 release, second try

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
I didn't even attempt trying Java 17. Removed it a while back because it
was griefing me.

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, with Java 11 it works.

+1

1) verified signatures
2) verified archives are basically identical between platforms
3) RAT indicates no unlicensed files
4) compiled from source
5) unit tests ran successfully
6) macOS specific and Platform-agnostic modelers launch on macOS

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <aa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com>.
Hi John,

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com>.
Hi Michael,

This is most likely macOS security indeed. And the permission should
be given to JDK, so dialog maybe was shown some time ago.
I had a similar problem, I dismissed this permission request and later
was unable to open anything from the Downloads folder :)

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
- RAT is fine
- Checksums match
- Signatures match
- CM from distribution (DMG) runs
- Java 8 builds from distribution (DMG), tests pass, CM runs (macOS .app
wrapper)
- Java 11 builds from distribution (DMG), tests pass, CM runs (macOS .app
wrapper)

I'd have to reconfigure some VMs to try Linux. Might do that later. I don't
have Windows for testing.

+1 for release.

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nikita!

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <aa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nikita!

I will send the announcement to user@ and Twitter.

Now on to the bugfix release of 4.1.1 :)

Andrus

Posted by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <aa...@gmail.com>.