Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Stephan Bardubitzki <st...@bardubitzki.com> on 2012/07/06 02:19:50 UTC

Node, Cradle and Attachments

Has anyone used successfully node and cradle to upload attachments? Any
help on that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephan

Re: Node, Cradle and Attachments

Posted by muji <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephan,

Sure it works fine for me, I upload the files using an AJAX POST
request and pipe the incoming request directly to cradle for
attaching. I'm using standalone attachments as I don't like the idea
of storing attachments BASE64 encoded.

I'm using a fork of the cradle library as I am running couchdb behind
nginx and cradle needed some tweaks to work with this setup, later on
I found I needed to make some more changes for the attachment handling
(specifically for cancelling uploads in progress).

The fork is here: https://github.com/freeformsystems/cradle

Hope that is some help.

--
mischa (aka muji).