Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Frank-Michael Böhle <fr...@yahoo.de> on 2004/01/19 09:34:44 UTC

newbie: Spreading common config-infos across multiple mailets

Hi,

at first the problem: I have James up and running with
customized matchers and mailets. Now I like to
response on incoming mails from within different
mailets (depending on state). Of course I like to use
some helper class for that, but it needs configuration
information. An ugly way that works is to have all
that parameters within the specific mailet-section of
james-config.xml. That way needs to provide the
parameters in each mailet-section, where the helper
class is used. That sounds not very sophisticated.

Question: Is there a kind of natural way to place some
global config information, that might be needed by
several mailets in a kind of "global section" in
James-config?

Regards,
frank