Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Joyner <mi...@newsrx.com> on 2016/07/26 18:34:27 UTC

Can't load schema managed-schema: unknown field 'id'

|Help!|

|What is the best way to recover from: |

Can't load schema managed-schema: unknown field 'id'
|I was managing the schema on a test collection, fat fingered it, but now
I find out the schema ops seem to altering all collections on the core?
SolrCloud 5.5.1 |||

-Mike|||

Re: Can't load schema managed-schema: unknown field 'id'

Posted by Michael Joyner <mi...@newsrx.com>.
ok...

I downloaded the config for both of my collections and the downloaded
managed-schema file shows "id" as defined? But the online view in the UI
shows it as not defined?

I've tried re-upping the config and nothing changes.

-Mike

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Drouin <al...@orckestra.com>.

Posted by Michael Joyner <mi...@newsrx.com>.
Same error via the UI:

Posted by Michael Joyner <mi...@newsrx.com>.
The schema API is failing with the the unknown field "id" error.

Where in the UI could I try adding this field back at?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, this is odd. You should not have had to restart Zookeeper, are
you 100% sure
you looked in the same place you downloaded to?

Of course you would have to reload the collection to get them to "take".

BTW, in Solr 5.4+ there's upconfig/downconfig from the bin/solr
script, it was put
there to try to keep from having to go to zkcli.sh with it's own
distinct syntax. They
both work, whichever you like most. And in 6.2+ it's been extended to
upload/download
arbitrary files/directories.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Michael Joyner <mi...@newsrx.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Drouin <al...@orckestra.com>.

Posted by Michael Joyner <mi...@newsrx.com>.
@John

I am using a managed schema with zookeeper/solrcloud.

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.

Posted by Michael Joyner <mi...@newsrx.com>.