Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org> on 2017/09/20 10:12:45 UTC

Disabling ODBC/thin JDBC/thin .NET connectivity

Hi, Igniters,

In current approach, ODBC, thin JDBC and thin .NET client all connect
to the grid using ClientListenerProcessor, which listen on a single port.

The problem is that there is currently no way to disable only one client.
For example, currently you can't disallow thin JDBC driver connectivity
alone, you can only disable the whole ClientListenerProcessor, which is
going to disable ODBC and thin .NET clients as well.

I believe, we should add options to disable/enable every single client,
supported by the ClientListenerProcessor separately. Maybe we should
add such options to the SqlConnectorConfiguration.

What do you guys think?

Best Regards,
Igor

Re: Disabling ODBC/thin JDBC/thin .NET connectivity

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 6:37 AM, Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org> wrote:

> For example, some users may want to disable clients they are not
> using due to security considerations.

Well, there should be some authentication command in the protocol, which
will ask a client to login. Ignite should also provide a connection
callback of some sort, which can return false to reject the connection.
This way users will be able to implement there own authentication mechanism
in the callback and stop unwanted clients from connecting.

Re: Disabling ODBC/thin JDBC/thin .NET connectivity

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
I've filed a ticket for that: [1]