Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2007/10/19 17:21:22 UTC

[LOBBYING] Add nio connector to configuration validation

Ok, sending a little email to lobby for a useful change. To the contrary
of comments and vetoes to this change, it doesn't change existing
behavior, it simplifies it, and also adds the NIO connector to the
validation of server.xml attributes.

It'd be nice to get one more vote, so that we can get it in before the tag.

 From STATUS
* Make server.xml parsing warnings more generic, add support for the NIO
connector
* Connector is no longer an exception case. Any new component can still
use setProperty and return a boolean
* to accept or reject the property
  http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/patches/digester-attribute-warnings.patch

Filip

Re: [LOBBYING] Add nio connector to configuration validation

Posted by Paul Shemansky <pa...@gmail.com>.
For what it's worth :)
+1

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
For java/org/apache/coyote/http11/Http11NioProtocol.java

Is it me or does this look odd after the patch (as well as before) ...
public void setProperty(String name, String value) {
     setAttribute(name, value);
     if (/*omitted for word wrap since it doesn't matter */) {
         return ep.setProperty(name, value);
     } else {
         return ep.setProperty(name, value); /*commit omitted for ww*/
     }
}

Should this be simplified too:
public void setProperty(String name, String value) {
     setAttribute(name, value);
     return ep.setProperty(name, value);
}

-Tim

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Costin Manolache wrote:
> -0

this isn't a new proposal, the implementation has already been done.
this is just completing it.
we'd have to go back to when the implementation was done to start
changing it, that's not what I'm doing.

Filip

Posted by Costin Manolache <co...@gmail.com>.
-0