Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@apache.org> on 2013/04/19 18:56:01 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Codec 1.8-RC4

Hello All:

This is a VOTE to release Commons Codec 1.8-RC4.

Commons Codec 1.8 requires a minimum of Java 1.6

Changes from 1.8-RC3 are:

Add pmd.xml to source distribution to build the site.

Changes from 1.8-RC2 are:

Clarify NOTICE.txt

Changes from 1.8-RC1 are:

o Set the correct version for the Ant build in default.properties
o Fix URLs in NOTICE.txt file and Java source for ASpell.

Changes in this version include:

New features:
o CODEC-168:  Add DigestUtils.updateDigest(MessageDigest, InputStream).
Thanks to Daniel Cassidy.
o CODEC-167:  Add JUnit to test our decode with pad character in the middle.
o CODEC-161:  Add Match Rating Approach (MRA) phonetic algorithm encoder.
Thanks to crice.

Fixed Bugs:
o CODEC-163:  ColognePhonetic encoder unnecessarily creates many char
arrays on every loop run. Thanks to leo141.
o CODEC-160:  Base64.encodeBase64URLSafeString doesn't add padding
characters at the end.

This VOTE is open for at least 72 hours until April 22 2013 at 1:00 PM EST.

The files:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-121/

The tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/codec/tags/1.8-RC4

The site:

https://people.apache.org/~ggregory/commons-codec/1.8-RC4/site/

Thank you,
Gary Gregory
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Codec 1.8-RC4

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On 04/19/2013 06:56 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> This is a VOTE to release Commons Codec 1.8-RC4.
>
> Commons Codec 1.8 requires a minimum of Java 1.6
>
> Changes from 1.8-RC3 are:
>
> Add pmd.xml to source distribution to build the site.
>
> Changes from 1.8-RC2 are:
>
> Clarify NOTICE.txt
>
> Changes from 1.8-RC1 are:
>
> o Set the correct version for the Ant build in default.properties
> o Fix URLs in NOTICE.txt file and Java source for ASpell.
>
> Changes in this version include:
>
> New features:
> o CODEC-168:  Add DigestUtils.updateDigest(MessageDigest, InputStream).
> Thanks to Daniel Cassidy.
> o CODEC-167:  Add JUnit to test our decode with pad character in the middle.
> o CODEC-161:  Add Match Rating Approach (MRA) phonetic algorithm encoder.
> Thanks to crice.
>
> Fixed Bugs:
> o CODEC-163:  ColognePhonetic encoder unnecessarily creates many char
> arrays on every loop run. Thanks to leo141.
> o CODEC-160:  Base64.encodeBase64URLSafeString doesn't add padding
> characters at the end.
>
> This VOTE is open for at least 72 hours until April 22 2013 at 1:00 PM EST.
>
> The files:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-121/
>
> The tag:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/codec/tags/1.8-RC4
>
> The site:
>
> https://people.apache.org/~ggregory/commons-codec/1.8-RC4/site/

builds successfully and provided artifacts look all good.

+1

Thomas

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Codec 1.8-RC4

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Would anyone else care to check the RC and VOTE?

Thank you,
Gary

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Gary Gregory wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> This is a VOTE to release Commons Codec 1.8-RC4.
>
> Commons Codec 1.8 requires a minimum of Java 1.6
>
> Changes from 1.8-RC3 are:
>
> Add pmd.xml to source distribution to build the site.
>
> Changes from 1.8-RC2 are:
>
> Clarify NOTICE.txt
>
> Changes from 1.8-RC1 are:
>
> o Set the correct version for the Ant build in default.properties
> o Fix URLs in NOTICE.txt file and Java source for ASpell.
>
> Changes in this version include:
>
> New features:
> o CODEC-168:  Add DigestUtils.updateDigest(MessageDigest, InputStream).
> Thanks to Daniel Cassidy.
> o CODEC-167:  Add JUnit to test our decode with pad character in the
> middle.
> o CODEC-161:  Add Match Rating Approach (MRA) phonetic algorithm encoder.
> Thanks to crice.
>
> Fixed Bugs:
> o CODEC-163:  ColognePhonetic encoder unnecessarily creates many char
> arrays on every loop run. Thanks to leo141.
> o CODEC-160:  Base64.encodeBase64URLSafeString doesn't add padding
> characters at the end.
>
> This VOTE is open for at least 72 hours until April 22 2013 at 1:00 PM
> EST.

As usual, the IBM JDK makes probems:

===================== %< ========================
Failed tests:
  StringUtilsTest.testNewStringUtf16:173 expected:<[�]> but was:<[慢]>
===================== %< ========================
$ java -version
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build pxa6460sr9fp2-20110625_01(SR9 FP2))
IBM J9 VM (build 2.4, JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 Linux amd64-64
jvmxa6460sr9-20110624_85526 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - 20110624_085526
JIT  - r9_20101028_17488ifx17
GC   - 20101027_AA)
JCL  - 20110530_01
===================== %< ========================

However, we had this strange JDK behavior with UTF16 before. All other JDKs
run fine.

+1

- Jörg

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Codec 1.8-RC4

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
+1

Found no more problems.

Thanks, Gary!
Oliver

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 April 2013 14:04, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For record, I deleted the wrong checksum files, so I had to redo the
> staging repo:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-129/

In that case, I think you need to restart the VOTE.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
My +1.