Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2014/06/20 05:28:01 UTC

Verifying an activemq configuration remotely ...

Is it possible to verify that an activemq box is deployed correctly?

I'm depending on features like advisory support… so if it doesn't work or
isn't enabled properly my app will break.

So I'd like to connect to the queue, and die if it's not configured
properly.

Kevn

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*

Re: Verifying an activemq configuration remotely ...

Posted by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com>.
yes… definitely agree on locking down the config file.

But I'm more worried about a regression at some future point.  Unit tests
go a long way… but I can also put in guards in the code to prevent it from
even working with a broken broker by verifying that things are sane when it
connects to the broker.

Seems like JMX is the way to do this… but now I'll need to figure it out :)

Kevin

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.

--
http://redhat.com