Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alok Garg <al...@direct2s.com> on 2002/10/28 05:31:59 UTC

Using tag

Hello,
 I am facing a problem using <html:options> tag.
The case:
1)  I have a Hashtable map which contain an Id (java.lang.Integer) as the Key and Description (String) as the value.

2) I have to iterate this Hashtable and display the values in a select box.

Please guide me with the above problem

Thanks
Alok

Re: Using tag

Posted by Umberto Nicoletti <un...@prometeo.it>.
On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 09:31, Alok Garg wrote:
> Hello,
>  I am facing a problem using <html:options> tag.
> The case:
> 1)  I have a Hashtable map which contain an Id (java.lang.Integer) as the Key and Description (String) as the value.
>
> 2) I have to iterate this Hashtable and display the values in a select box.
>
> Please guide me with the above problem

This worked for me:

labelProperty="key"/>

I found that reading the source for taglibs is much more interesting and
provides much more valuable info than reading the docs...

Use the source...

Umberto
--
Umberto Nicoletti
unicoletti@prometeo.it | Tel. +390415701366

"We'll try to make different mistakes this time." - Larry Wall

Re: Using tag

Posted by Derek Lin <de...@hotmail.com>.
Perhaps my code doesn't really apply to what you are trying to do.  I my
code, countries is an array of Country objects.  A vectory of Country
objects will work, too.

I am not sure about a vectory of hashmap, though.  (But it looks like you
are just using hashmap alone.  I don't think that will work.  It has to be
an indexed object)  Maybe someone who has done it can help better.  Sorry
for any confusions.

-- Derek

Re: Using tag