Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2006/06/17 04:03:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 4.0.1

Since the 4.0 release a bunch of small bug have been fixed and we felt
it better to release early and often, so here are the release binarys
for the 4.0.1 version of activemq:

http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.1-RC1/maven1/incubator-activemq/distributions/

Maven 1 and Maven 2 repos for this release can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.1-RC1/

The release notes will show up here as soon as the mirrors catch up...
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-401-release.html

if you are impatient, here's the wiki page for the release notes:
http://goopen.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/ActiveMQ+4.0.1+Release

Please vote to approve this release binary

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache ActiveMQ 4.0.1

If this vote passes, then we will then ask the Incubator PMC for their
blessing to ship this release officially.

Here's my +1

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 4.0.1

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
On 6/17/06, Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> +1
>
> Releasing every couple weeks may be a BIT fast though. Perhaps if we
> have that many outstanding bugs we should rethink how we do release
> stabilisation?

I think part of the problem is that after a big release, folks pound
the software in unexpected ways and bugs get opened.  I think this is
just a part of how open source development is done best.  Release, get
bug reports opened, fix, and repeat.  Eventually that release branch
stabilizes and becomes more and more robust.

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
+1 Release ActiveMQ 4.0.1

Regards,
Adrian Co

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jonas Lim <jl...@exist.com>.
+1

regards,
Jonas Lim

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1.

--

James
-------

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 4.0.1

Posted by Fritz Oconer <fo...@exist.com>.
+1 Release ActiveMQ 4.0.1

Regards,
Fritz Oconer