Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/27 06:23:43 UTC

Tapestry vs JSF: JSF for nonbelievers: JSF component development

I'm not trying to be a fanboy (but I'm a Tapestry fan) nor a troll, but
the following article about developmento of JSF components really helped
me to figure out what JSF is, specially when compared to Tapestry 5:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-jsf4/. The author is
trying to stop FUD that says that writing JSF components
is hard. Then I remembered how much time I spent trying to write my first
T5 component (less than 5 minutes after I figured out where I had to put
its template).

I'm learning JSF to do a presentation comparing different Java web
frameworks. I'm not liking it, as it's too similar to Struts. ;) At first
I thought JSF was similar to Tapestry than it really is, and Tapestry
looks way better.

What do you think JSF got better than Tapestry 5? The other side of the
question is so easy that I don't need to question. :) I want to do a fair,
passionless comparison between frameworks.

Thiago