Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Yariel Ramos Moreno <yr...@ceis.cujae.edu.cu> on 2006/03/08 15:19:49 UTC

Submit a html:form with a link

Hi everybody:

It's there a way of submit an html:form to a LookUpDispathAction with a link instead of a submit button?

Thanks and regards.

Re: Submit a html:form with a link

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
I believe you can do something like the following, although I haven't tried
it myself:

  <bean:define id="fooVar"><bean:message key="foo.label" /></bean:define>
      ... link text here e.g.

This adds a parameter called "foo" to the link with the internationalized
value of "foo.label" from the message resources. If you want more than one
parameter you need to build a java.util.Map of parameters and pass it to the

Niall

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 3/8/06, Yariel Ramos Moreno <yr...@ceis.cujae.edu.cu> wrote:

> It's there a way of submit an html:form to a LookUpDispathAction with
> a link instead of a submit button?

What problem are you trying to solve?

 * If you can get all of the request parameters into the link URL, yes.

 * Otherwise, not without client side scripting.
         http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/textsubmit.shtml

 * You can make a submit button *look* like a link with CSS.
         http://tom.me.uk/scripting/submit.html

HTH,
--
Wendy