Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/25 17:11:02 UTC

Pluto and Struts

All,

I remember a while back reading about the Struts team
refactoring Struts to make it compatible with JSR168.
Does anybody knows where this effort stands?

Regards,

David Le Strat.

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Re: Pluto and Struts

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, David Le Strat wrote:

> All,
>
> I remember a while back reading about the Struts team
> refactoring Struts to make it compatible with JSR168.
> Does anybody knows where this effort stands?

That's one of the (many) possibilities that have been mentioned in
relation to Struts 2.0. However, Struts 2.0 hasn't really taken shape yet,
and certainly development on it has not started. On the other hand, one of
the active areas of discussion and development is breaking up the Struts
request processor. That is, IMNSHO, an essential prerequisite on the road
to JSR 168 compatibility. (And, in fact, this point has been brought up
more than once during those discussions.)

You might want to drop in on struts-dev and listen in to the discussions
on 'chain' and the request processor.

--
Martin Cooper