Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Augusto Souza <au...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/08 14:25:40 UTC

Doubts about review and validation process

Hello,

I have been working on continuing Carlo Curino and Chris Douglas
contribution on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-5269. After
some iterations, we decided to split this patch into smaller ones to make
easier for reviewers to check it and to pass Jenkins validations.

The first two sub-products of this splitting are
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-6434 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-6444 (and I am planning
another one to finish the work that depends on these two).

I have some doubts related to the review process for each of these
improvements:

1) *MAPREDUCE-6434*: How can I have the patch accepted now that it is
approved by Jenkins and passed every test?

2) *MAPREDUCE-6444*: How can I solve checkstyle issues related to the
number of parameters in some methods I created (more than seven)? I noticed
there are other methods in hadoop source code with more than 7 parameters,
the most part of my changes were in old methods that already had more than
7 parameters and I added other parameters to it and got caught by
checkstyle validation.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Augusto Souza