Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Corin Moss <Co...@tvnz.co.nz> on 2004/07/20 06:26:28 UTC

CIncludeTransformer + event aware caching

Hi Guys,

We're implementing Event Aware caching at the moment, and it's working
well.  We're migrating from the Prism based cache which we've used until
now.  Our only hurdle at the moment is proving to be the
CIncludeTransformer.  Expires based caching is hard wired right into it
(and the DefaultIncludeCacheManager).  Has anyone done any work on
anything like this?  I've not been able to find anything in CVS.  I
suspect that it won't be easy, as the methods that need to be overridden
are split between the implementation, and its helper classes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Corin

us online at http://www.tvnz.co.nz

Re: CIncludeTransformer + event aware caching

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>.
Hi Corin,

I hadn't noticed this before but you seem to be correct. What we need to
do is make CIncludeTransformer support a different cache validity
generation method appart from the current expires one. Similar to the
one used by TraversableGenerator. The TG builds up an aggregated
validity object as it progresses through its generation of events. Each
time it encounters a new Source to include it adds the validity object
from that source to the aggregated validity. Since EventValidity objects
do not need a new validity for comparison when determing whether they
are valid or not this works out nicely.

--
Unico