Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Wermus Fernando <fe...@xlnet.net.ar> on 2004/10/25 18:57:07 UTC

about snowball and *

Luceners,
            If I have a spanish word as "oportunidad", Lucene indexed as
"oportuni" using an Spanish snowball analyzer. When I search for a
document it works well. But If the user writes oportunidad* looking up
n>1 words, it doesn't match with the document I have indexed. Analyzer
instead of looking up oportuni*, it looks up oportunidad*  and then I
don't get any result.

Look up
            Query by user               query after analyzer
result

            oportunidad                   oportuni
ok
            oportunidad*                  oportunidad*
fail (It doesn't match anything, it would ok if look up oportuni*)

thanks