Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by K Makeev <k....@gmail.com> on 2019/03/04 15:21:16 UTC

couldn't set up logback to log to database

Hi all

Using Nifi 1.5
I want my certain processors Erorrs to be logged to Oracle database

So i set up separate dbaappender in logback.xml.
I also created tables in database where logs should go with these scripts
https://github.com/qos-ch/logback/blob/master/logback-classic/src/main/resources/ch/qos/logback/classic/db/script/oracle.sql

Those are my additional entries to logback.xml

<appender name="ora-pd" class="ch.qos.logback.classic.db.DBAppender">
<appender name="DB" class="ch.qos.logback.classic.db.DBAppender">
        <connectionSource
class="ch.qos.logback.core.db.DriverManagerConnectionSource">
            <driverClass>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driverClass>
            <url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@myhost:1521/myservice_name</url>
            <user>myuser</user>
            <password>mypassword</password>
        </connectionSource>
    </appender>

 <logger name="org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.ExecuteSQL"
level="ERROR"/>
        <appender-ref ref="ora-pd" />
    </logger>

I've restarted NIFI. But it still logs ExecuteSQL errors to nifi-app.log.

May be i should check some logback errors in its own log. But i don't know
where it is.
May be it doesn't see Oracle driver or smth. Nifi itself connects to these
database properly.

How should i set up database logging properly?

Kirill

Re: couldn't set up logback to log to database

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
> Nothing goes to nifi-app.log on all nodes.

I would recommend checking to make sure that neither you nor someone else
on your team accidentally set the root level logger to use only this
appender. If it's targeted to only the logger for that one processor, I'd
just disable it on that one logger and see if that returns logging to
normal.

Posted by K Makeev <k....@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

Posted by Peter Turcsanyi <tu...@cloudera.com>.