Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by sanjeet rath <ra...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/04 14:46:04 UTC

Nifi 1.16.1 migration failed for encrypted of sensitive values

Hi ,

I am facing one issue in migration from 1.12 to 1.16.1 .
I have created one 1.16.1 cluster.And copied flow.xml , authoriser and
authorisation user file my previous 1.12 version of cluster to this new
cluster.

When I am starting the cluster with all the keystone password in authoriser
and loginidentifer and nifi sensitive key value unencrypted in nifi
properties file. Then cluster came without any issue.

When I am encrypting using keytool , all the properties are succefully
encrypted. How ever while starting the cluster getting one error

Error in creating bean with name ‘authoriser’ factory bean threw exception
on object creation nested exception is org.apache.nifi.project.
Senstivepropertyprotectionexception: protection scheme  [aes/gcm/256] is
not supported.

Any hint is really helpful as trying from last 2 days.

Thanks and regards
Sanjeet

--
Sanjeet Kumar Rath,
mob- +91 8777577470

Re: Nifi 1.16.1 migration failed for encrypted of sensitive values

Posted by David Handermann <ex...@apache.org>.
Sanjeet,

Thanks for the confirmation, glad to hear the workaround resolved the
problem!

I have created the following Jira issue to correct the protection scheme
resolver:

David Handermann

Posted by sanjeet rath <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Handermann <ex...@apache.org>.