Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Dean Des Rosiers <de...@desropolis.com> on 2002/10/24 17:16:33 UTC

"Bad access to protected data" when parsing!?

I have found an odd error that happens from time to time when I try to parse
an xsd.  I’m using JBoss 3.0.3.  I package the xercesImpl.jar in my ear
file.  The code I’m running worked flawlessly yesterday when I was running
JBoss 3.0.1.  The error looks like this:

Unexpected Error:
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/xerces/dom/CoreDocumentImpl,
method: getNodeListCache signature:
(Lorg/apache/xerces/dom/ParentNode;)Lorg/apache/xerces/dom/NodeListCache;)
Bad access to protected data
            at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractDOMParser.startDocument(Unknown Source)
            at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startDocument(Unknown Source)
            at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.startEntity(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(Unknown
Source)
            at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDocumentEntity(Unknown Source)
            at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.setInputSource(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
Source)
            at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
Source)
            at
com.morbank.servicing.ejb.dataset.DataSetSchema.getFinderMap(DataSetSchema.j
ava:92)

The code basically looks like this:
      parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces", true);
      XMLInputSource is = new XMLInputSource(null, null, null, xsd, null);
      parser.parse(is);

Where xsd is a ByteArrayInputStream constructed off a FileInputStream.  I am
including other xsd files in the one I’m trying to parse.  I suspect I’ve
been getting away with something I should not have been getting away with in
previous versions of JBoss3, but perhaps I’ve uncovered some form of bug or
non-compliance in JB3.

Anyway, I’d appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Dean Des Rosiers