Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Redimerio <cr...@palmsolutions.com.au> on 2000/08/22 05:29:18 UTC

How do I unsubscribe to this mailing list?

Re: Best VM for Windows 2000

Posted by Alberto <Al...@hotmail.com>.
I'm working with JDK 1.1.7 from IMB on WIN 2000 and Tomcat 3.1
It works really fine for the JSP 1.0 projects but it as some stability
problems with large servlets project.
I solved these problems installing the JDK 1.3.0 from SUN.
I have this configuration installed on 2 different machine and it seems to
work fine.

Now I'm working to transfer projects from WebSphere to Tomcat so I' m really
interested in stability problems and in future I'll have more detail.

In the next day I'll try again to use the Microsoft VM for the simply reason
that it is the quikest JVM on a Windows machine.

Best VM for Windows 2000

Posted by "Michael P. McCutcheon" <mi...@value.net>.
It's been a few months since I messed with Tomcat.

I'm running Windows 2000 now.

Currently, what VM is best for running TOMCAT? (JDK 1.3, JDK 1.2.2_006?, the
IBM VM?)

I seem to remember having problems with JDK 1.3 and TOMCAT last time around.

Any special "gotchas" that I need to be aware of when using TOMCAT with
windows 2000?

Thanks for any info...

Mike