Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Costin Bobes <cb...@mail.com> on 1999/10/27 07:03:25 UTC

os-windows/5205: Frontpage counter

>Number:         5205
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Frontpage counter
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Had my Apache web server running ok under Win98. I switched to NT4 server, copied the directory with the web site and the configuration file for Apache, reinstalled Apache under the same directory name and restored the configuration. So everything was just like before except for the operating system. It is working (almost) ok, except for the fact that the counter(s) show 1 page hit instead of the real value (size, number of digits, aspect are ok, so "fpcount.exe" SEEMS to work. Under the same configuration, Internet Information Server (version 2 and 3) works ok and the real value is being shown. What can be done to fix this? I would rather use Apache instead of IIS but...
Note: re-publishing the site can change the aspect of the counters, but not the value shown (..0001)
Thanks for your time.
>How-To-Repeat:
using a simple page with a counter (FrontPage 98), NT4 server and reloading the page several times (scripts dir changed to /_vti_bin or using an alias)
>Fix:
nope :(
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]