Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Nick Tonkin <ni...@rlnt.net> on 2001/08/16 07:02:59 UTC

problems installing libapreq

Not sure if this message got through to the list or not earlier today ...

I'm trying to install libapreq on a new box on which I've rolled an
apache-mod_perl-mod_ssl-openssl combo. As you may know this puts httpd in
/usr/local/apachessl.

Using the standard perl Makefile.PL && make fails at make:

In file included from apache_request.c:58:
apache_request.h:5: httpd.h: No such file or directory
apache_request.h:6: http_config.h: No such file or directory
apache_request.h:7: http_core.h: No such file or directory
apache_request.h:8: http_log.h: No such file or directory
apache_request.h:9: http_main.h: No such file or directory
apache_request.h:10: http_protocol.h: No such file or directory
apache_request.h:11: util_script.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/tmp/libapreq-0.33/c.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/tmp/libapreq-0.33.

So I followed the hint in INSTALL and did ./configure
--with-apache-includes=/usr/local/apachessl/include which works fine, but
make generates an error:

[...]
creating Makefile
creating c/Makefile
creating c/libapreq_config.h
c/libapreq_config.h is unchanged
Making all in c
"Makefile", line 278: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

Line 278 in c/Makefile seems to say:
-include $(DEP_FILES)

Thanks for any help,

nick

~~~~~~~~~~~
Nick Tonkin

Re: problems installing libapreq

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Nick Tonkin <ni...@rlnt.net> writes:

> FWIW I nuked the whole perl and everything installation and started
> again. This succeeded, although I let CPAN.pm install libapreq and it was
> 0.31 (not 0.33 which I believe is current) .... only took about three
> hours! All working now, apparently.

Glad to hear everything is working now!

What did you type to get libapreq 0.31 from CPAN instead of 0.33?
When I try to fetch Apache::Request from CPAN, it gives me the latest
version 0.33, not 0.31.

  % perl -MCPAN -e 'get Apache::Request'
  CPAN: Storable loaded ok
  ftp://ftp.duke.edu/pub/perl/authors/id/J/JI/JIMW/libapreq-0.33.tar.gz

Does the latest libapreq still fail to properly install?
--
Joe Schaefer

Re: problems installing libapreq

Posted by Nick Tonkin <ni...@rlnt.net>.
FWIW I nuked the whole perl and everything installation and started
again. This succeeded, although I let CPAN.pm install libapreq and it was
0.31 (not 0.33 which I believe is current) .... only took about three
hours! All working now, apparently.

- nick

Nick Tonkin