Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Victor Chinnappan <cv...@yahoo.com> on 2000/08/31 23:36:40 UTC

KILL (er) Test!!!!!!!! ANY CLUES??????

Hi All,
I posted this one already. Anyway,

<repeat_until_solved>one more time
</repeat_until_solved>

1. A simple fileupload servlet resides on a TOMCAT
server in an Intranet (NT4.0 Wks). [Reads the
ServletRequest into a binary stream.]

2. A Java client using java.net.URL* classes uploads a
file to this servlet. (1 MB file, e.g)

3. Halfway through, the network cable is pulled (Once
on the client machine and the next time on the
TOMCAT-residing-server (WKS)). (Courtesy : QA
Team/Unit Test)

4. On both occasions, client gets notified of the
network error. Server still waits in its read
operation.

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR NOTIFYING THIS ERROR TO THE
SERVLET ????? OR should i write my own timer to poll
the inactivity.

I have set the "defaultSessionTimeout" attributes in
the "Context" element of "Server.XML" and
"SessionTimeout" elements of web.xml to 2 minutes.

I would really appreciate your feedback....

TIA,
Victor.C

http://mail.yahoo.com/