Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Jason Pringle <jp...@qpass.com> on 2007/09/17 23:34:12 UTC

How stable is Archiva now?

We're currently using Artifactory, and seem to have stability issues.
Nothing specific, but we're having to operate in a 'reboot the process
nightly' mode.  Just now, for example, we had to reboot the process
because a large deploy was failing.

When we last looked, it seemed Archiva was somewhat unstable and
development was not very active.

How are folks seeing it now?

Our primary purpose is to be an in-house repository; caching is becoming
a lower, secondary concern.  Due to operational issues (how easy to
manage backups, recover from failure, etc) I'm really starting to think
that apache w/dav is the way to go.

Any thoughts?

Jason Pringle
Senior Software Architect
Qpass - Amdocs Digital Commerce Division
2211 Elliott Ave | Suite 400 | Seattle, WA 98121
o: 206.405.3173 | m: 206.601.7183 | jpringle@qpass.com
<ma...@qpass.com>

Re: How stable is Archiva now?

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.
Hi Jason,

Archiva is pretty stable now. There have been consistent releases since
June. A lot of important and critical issues have been fixed and there
were new features  implemented.

Some of these issues are with regard to:
- proxying (proxy connectors, metadata merging)
- configuration
- repository scanning and purge
- reports
- redback security upgrade (now using 1.0-alpha-3)

A 1.0-beta-2 release candidate has just been prepared a few days ago,
you can get it here and try it out:

http://people.apache.org/builds/maven/archiva/1.0-beta-2/

Thanks,
Deng