Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Dmitry Lazurkin <di...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/05 19:10:44 UTC

Is CreateTopics and DeleteTopics ready for production usage?

Hello.

Are requests CreateTopics and DeleteTopics ready for production usage?

Why TopicCommand doesn't use CreateTopics / DeleteTopics?

Thanks.

Re: Is CreateTopics and DeleteTopics ready for production usage?

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@gmail.com>.
As Apurva said, KIP-4 is still in progress and, as part of it, we will be
to introduce an AdminClient which will then be used by the various tools.

It's a large piece of work and it makes sense to merge it in stages. The
protocol side is ready (KIP vote passed, code and tests were reviewed and
merged) and we are not aware of issues with those requests. In other words,
you are welcome to try them out and provide feedback. :)

Ismael

Posted by Apurva Mehta <ap...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Apurva Mehta <ap...@confluent.io>.