Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ja...@email.cz on 2007/04/29 19:13:22 UTC

tomcat manager problem: mbeanserver

Hello,

I would like to ask you for help with Tomcat Manager. Trying to (un)deploy an application I get this message:
"FAIL - Encountered exception javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: MBeanServer cannot find MBean with ObjectName Catalina:type=Deployer,host=localhost".

I have searched for the MBeanServer topic through the Internet but I am not able to find a solution.

I have not installed anything special. I just want to use the Tomcat Manager.

My configuration: Apache Tomcat/5.0, JVM 1.4.2, Linux: 2.6.12-1.1381_FC3.

Thank you for any help.

Jan

RE: tomcat manager problem: mbeanserver

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
> Subject: Re: tomcat manager problem: mbeanserver
>
> Install/configure and loading JMX Java Management Extensions

http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/core/mntr-mgmt/javamanagement/do
wnload.jsp

That's not necessary, and will only confuse things.  The necessary JMX
classes are in the Tomcat 1.4 Compatibility package, and Tomcat won't
even start on a 1.4 JVM without them.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: tomcat manager problem: mbeanserver

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Install/configure and loading JMX Java Management Extensions
http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/core/mntr-mgmt/javamanagement/download.jsp
OR
You could just download and configure/install J2SE1.5 which has JMX
prepackaged in distro
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html

HTH/
Martin--