Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Peter Steele <st...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/28 18:27:57 UTC

Upgrading from 9 to 10 experience

Hi

I've upgraded from 9 to 10 and wanted provide some feedback. Overall the
experience was very positive but I encountered the following

1) I imported settings from 9 but a couple of plugins I downloaded
(darcular laf and gradle) were not copied across. Would be nice if these
were imported too. I had to re install the plugins.

2) most of the core API was disabled (Java for example). I had to install
to nbjavac and oracle plugin and then re enable all the core plugins

3) I expected this but thought I would feedback anyway. I have some
settings in .conf to ignore dpiaware and to set a UI scaling value (for 4k
res). These don't copy across installations. Maybe having some thing in the
profile that can be used extract extra options would solve this (or maybe
this exists already and I don't know about it 😀)