Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by "Lini H - Clarion, India" <li...@clariontechnologies.co.in> on 2008/05/02 08:50:04 UTC

Clear idea about shindig

Hi

Has anyone read through this. I do not require any detailed description on each and every point, but someone, those who are currently working on shindig, can atleast give a brief about what needs to be done to start and what are the functionalities for each, the gadget server and container and how is the flow when an application url is sent as a request to the gadget server. All the mails in this mailing list come for some problem being faced and their replies. I have gone through the thread "What technology do i have to use", but its not helpful for the integration part in PHP. My site requires both the container as well as the gadget server, but i do not have any idea on what should i start with first with the latest shindig in hand.

If we know the flow of the entire process, then only one can start the work. Checking the mailing list wont help as it is for specific functions and does not has any single thread which explains the exact flow of the process.

The latest PHP shindig has been committed, so atleast now, someone from the team working on it can provide a brief on what has been done and what remains to be done.

I hope that i will get some useful response this time.

Regards

      Lini Haridas
      Software Engineer

      lini.haridas@clariontechnologies.co.in
      Clarion Technologies
      SEI CMMI Level 3 Company

      4th Floor, Great Eastern Plaza,
      Airport Road,
      Pune- 411 006,
      Maharashtra, India.
      Phone: +91 20 66020289
      Mobile: +91 9823435917
      www.clariontechnologies.co.in

believed to be clean.

Re: Clear idea about shindig

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.
All the basics are working but there's a few todo's left for the php
version of shindig:

- support ContentType.FEED in the proxy service - being worked on as
we speak, expect somewhere next week
- add oauth  - expect a first version next week
- rework gadget content section parsing - (right now multiple views
sections could confuse it), should land beginning of next week
- add support for signed/authenticated pre-loading of data - not
scheduled yet
- RESTful service - not scheduled yet, it will @ some point replace
the current social data wire format, will start on this soonish, eta
unknown

I'm sure more items will pop up over time (especially as the 0.8 spec
is approaching), but for now thats my main todo list :)

	-- Chris