Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Taco Fleur <ta...@nella.net.au> on 2003/04/28 10:08:01 UTC

[users@httpd] PPS: Apache and IIS on same Machine

Sorry, first email was correct. I only paid attention to the service I
did not actually open up IIS and see if it was really running.
So it's as I said in the first email, one won't run without the other
being stopped.

RE: [users@httpd] PPS: Apache and IIS on same Machine

Posted by Leon Oosterwijk <le...@daveramsey.com>.
The problem lies in IIS.

IIS binds not only to the port on the ip you specified, but to that port on
all ip's on the box, even when you explicidly only name one IP. The solution
is to run a certain command that turns this behaviour off.

on a cmd window:
cd c:\inetpub\adminscripts
cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/disablesocketpooling true

go here for more information:
http://q.queso.com/archives/000096

Sincerely,

Leon Oosterwijk
Dave Ramsey Inc.
leono@daveramsey.com

Why doesn't it work ? What message(s) do you get ?

Possibly they are both fighting about port 80, or something like that.
Read carefully the error mesage(s).
Check the logs, like before, and light may appear at the end of the tunnel

Luis

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
Yes they can! But not on the same IP address.
For example as you said you are running in the network 10.x.x.x addresses,
so:
1. Add another IP to that machine (let's say 10.0.0.3 and 10.0.0.4)
2. Stop "Default Web Site"
3. Create a new we site that will Listen on port 80 on IP 10.0.0.3
4. In Apache you add the line:
    Bind 10.0.0.4:80

And you are on the way to go.

All the best,