Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by João Grenhas <jo...@modulac.pt> on 2004/05/20 19:22:17 UTC

Downloads

Hi!

I work for a small company in Portugal with small resources. Can I make
download an use an executable of subversion?

I tried to download some files in
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91 ,
namely
<http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/12865/svn-1.0.2-setup.exe>
svn-1.0.2-setup.exe, but I could not install an executable of the
application, only documentation and auxiliary executables. Is this my error
or is subversion restricted to registeres users, and in this case can I
register and obtain an executable application?

Best regards,

Joao Grenhas

Company: MÓDULA C - Consultadoria e Software, Lda.
Address:   Rua da Lameira, 31 - Gualtar
                Apartado 1122  -  P-4711-908 Braga
                Portugal
Tel.: 351.253 679 281  -  Fax: 351.253 676 244

Re: Downloads

Posted by M <ma...@gmx.de>.

No, no registration required.

The "auxiliary binaries" you've got is just it (svnadmin.exe,
svn.exe...). There is no startmenu entry as svn runs from the commandline.

If you need a windows gui client check out tortoisesvn.

João Grenhas schrieb:
| Hi!
|

| I work for a small company in Portugal with small resources. Can I make
| download an use an executable of subversion?
|
| I tried to download some files in
| http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91 ,
| namely

<http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/12865/svn-1.0.2-setup.exe>
| svn-1.0.2-setup.exe, but I could not install an executable of the
| application, only documentation and auxiliary executables. Is this my
error
| or is subversion restricted to registeres users, and in this case can I
| register and obtain an executable application?
|

| Best regards,
|
| Joao Grenhas
|
| _________________________________________________
|
| Company: MÓDULA C - Consultadoria e Software, Lda.
| Address:   Rua da Lameira, 31 - Gualtar
|                 Apartado 1122  -  P-4711-908 Braga
|                 Portugal
| Tel.: 351.253 679 281  -  Fax: 351.253 676 244

- --
/********************************************************************
~                             visit http://www.quanten-dilettanten.de/

~ Thanx, the "GR_FRameRAM8" is much more elegant than a mere "19",
~ naturally.

~ Infos zur Verschlüsselung mit OpenPGP http://www.gnupp.de
*********************************************************************/

Re: Downloads

Posted by Mitch Arends <mj...@us.ibm.com>.
João Grenhas wrote:
> Hi!
>

> I work for a small company in Portugal with small resources. Can I make
> download an use an executable of subversion?
>
> I tried to download some files in
> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91 ,
> namely svn-1.0.2-setup.exe
> <http://subversion.tigris.org/files/documents/15/12865/svn-1.0.2-setup.exe>,
> but I could not install an executable of the application, only
> documentation and auxiliary executables. Is this my error or is
> subversion restricted to registeres users, and in this case can I
> register and obtain an executable application?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Joao Grenhas

> Company:** MÓDULA C - Consultadoria e Software, Lda.***
> *Address:   Rua da Lameira, 31 - Gualtar
>                 Apartado 1122  -  P-4711-908 Braga
>                 Portugal
> Tel.: 351.253 679 281  -  Fax: 351.253 676 244

If you're looking for Windows binaries they are here:
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91