Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2006/11/21 22:52:14 UTC

Re: WG: svn commit: r477445 - in /jakarta/turbine/core/tags/TURBINE_2_3_2:

Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> writes:

Even better, merge the previous release by doing 'svn merge' the last good release back.

	best regards
		Henning

>Juergen Hoffmann wrote:
>> little call for help here. I am not such a big subversion guru, and just noticed that I was working on the tag rather than the branch. But too late. How do I revert the mistake I made? I already switched the project within eclipse to use https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/turbine/core/branches/TURBINE_2_3_BRANCH
>Actually, you don't revert things in subversion at all. You will always
>leave traces. Simply remove the changes by checking out the previous
>version of the files and re-committing them.

>Bye, Thomas

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540 | Apache person
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design | Velocity - Turbine guy

          "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."

RE: WG: svn commit: r477445 - in /jakarta/turbine/core/tags/TURBINE_2_3_2:

Posted by David Demner <tu...@demner.com>.
The 'svn merge' merges to a Working (ie: local) copy.  When you 'svn ci' the
results of the merge, you will get a new revision.

David

Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
> Even better, merge the previous release by doing 'svn merge' the last good
release back.

Just for my understanding: This will create a new revision as well or
won't it?

Bye, Thomas

Re: WG: svn commit: r477445 - in /jakarta/turbine/core/tags/TURBINE_2_3_2:

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> writes:

>Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
>> Even better, merge the previous release by doing 'svn merge' the last good release back.

>Just for my understanding: This will create a new revision as well or
>won't it?

Yes, this will create a new revision. If you want to move a 'tag' (I
know that this concept is different in Subversion) back, delete the
moved revision from the tags directory and copy the old one back in
there.

	Best regards
		Henning

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.