Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/27 13:28:39 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: When it rains it pours...

I really should not have two mailing lists with adresses starting with
"users@...". Sorry list.

(Or how do I disable email completion in Gmail.)

Re: [users@httpd] Re: When it rains it pours...

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Krist van Besien wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 4:51 PM, André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com> wrote:
>
>> Please don't.  It was an entertaining story, better than many on this list.
>
> Well, It was a strange feeling to basically press enter to complete a
> command, and as a result see all the lights go out...

Java stuff does that quite often.  We have this Tomcat app, each time we
start it, the lights get dimmer and the elevators slow down.
We tried a load-balancer before, but it did not really help.
So now we got low-power memory boards in our servers, and start or stop
the apps manually one by one.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: When it rains it pours...

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org

Re: [users@httpd] Re: When it rains it pours...

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Krist van Besien wrote:
> I really should not have two mailing lists with adresses starting with
> "users@...". Sorry list.
>
> (Or how do I disable email completion in Gmail.)

Please don't.  It was an entertaining story, better than many on this
list.  The UPS for the coffeee machine is a great idea. I'll suggest
that here, as we are about to move our servers to new premises.
:-)