Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de> on 2008/12/19 22:46:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.6 based on RC2

This is a vote for releasing Commons Configuration 1.6 based on the 2nd
release candidate.

Changes since RC1 are the following:
- Problems reported by the RAT report have been addressed.
- Some problems reported by findbugs have been fixed. Findbugs still
reports some issues, but the remaining ones are either uncritical or
would need binary incompatible changes.
- CONFIGURATION-353 was fixed.

The artifacts (including release notes and a clirr report) can be found
here:

http://people.apache.org/~oheger/configuration-1.6rc2/

The site for 1.6rc2 is also available at

http://people.apache.org/~oheger/configuration-1.6rc2/site/

The corresponding tag in svn is

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/configuration/tags/CONFIGURATION_1_6RC2/

Please cast your votes.
TIA
Oliver

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.6 based on RC2

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Oliver Heger wrote:

> This is a vote for releasing Commons Configuration 1.6 based on the 2nd
> release candidate.
>
> Changes since RC1 are the following:
> - Problems reported by the RAT report have been addressed.
> - Some problems reported by findbugs have been fixed. Findbugs still
> reports some issues, but the remaining ones are either uncritical or
> would need binary incompatible changes.
> - CONFIGURATION-353 was fixed.
>
> The artifacts (including release notes and a clirr report) can be found
> here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~oheger/configuration-1.6rc2/
>
> The site for 1.6rc2 is also available at
>
> http://people.apache.org/~oheger/configuration-1.6rc2/site/
>
> The corresponding tag in svn is

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/configuration/tags/CONFIGURATION_1_6RC2/

+1

Tested to build source distribution on Gentoo x86 with my compiler zoo
(Blackdown 1.4.2, IBM 1.6, JRockit 1.4.2/1.5, Sun JDK 1.4.2/1.5/1.6). As
usual IBM 1.4.2/1.5 fails because of Maven itself.

- Jörg

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.6 based on RC2

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Oliver Heger a écrit :
> This is a vote for releasing Commons Configuration 1.6 based on the 2nd
> release candidate.

+1

Luc

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Rahul Akolkar schrieb:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Oliver Heger
>> <ol...@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
>> <snip/>
>>> That's really strange. I tested on Vista with JDK 1.6 and on a Windows 2000
>>> VM, but cannot reproduce the problem. Can this be a network configuration
>>> issue?
>>>
>> <snap/>
>>
>> No idea since I didn't get any time yet to dig into it. However, I did
>> try the 1.5 tag right now, and it fails on the same test on {XP,1.6}
>> as well i.e. this is not a regression. I'll therefore choose to
>> abstain from this vote and let others more familiar with the code,
>> such as you, make the call (formally, you can count my vote as +0 if
>> you want).
>>
> <snip/>
>
> I finally got a chance to look at code, and I don't think there is
> anything in the source that needs attention.
>
> Artifacts look good.
>
> +1 to release.
>
> -Rahul

Thank you for taking the time to dig into this issue.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Ralph Goers wrote:
> I am working on more enhancements and will want to check them in  fairly
> soon. Hopefully RC2 is OK, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be  better
> to do the release from a branch.

I'd say just go ahead. I think it is unlikely that some problems with
the RC are found now - I intend to close the vote tomorrow. And if there
was another issue, we could create a branch from the RC2 tag.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Adding my own +1.

Oliver