Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ka...@mn.man.de on 2000/11/14 10:08:24 UTC

xml/xsp input ------> xml output?

I want to produce html-output the following way:

XML/XSP input -----------------> XML output / XML input
--------------------> HTML output.

I don't know how can I get XML-output from an XML/XSP-Page.
Have somebody an Idea?

Katrin Seiffert

AW: xml/xsp input ------> xml output?

Posted by Gabi Brysch <br...@inxnet.de>.
hi,

it did something similar maybe is useful for you:

 xml file --> produce xml with own producer --> (xml-output-first) -->
xsp-page to
 add some xml to the produced xml-file-first --> render it to html.

 for testing i always look the different xml-files which are generated in
between, which
 means before the html-rendering for looking if i produced the xml-files i
wanted !!

 for that i change from
.. inside the xsl-stylesheet:

 <xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-process">type="xslt"</xsl:processing-instruction>
 <xsl:processing-instruction name="xml-stylesheet">href="people.xsl"
type="text/xsl"</xsl:processing-instruction>
    to:

<xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-format">type="text/xml"</xsl:processing-instruction>

so i have the result in xml (just for the testing-phase)

after i kick out the pi cocoon-format text/xml and replace it with this two
pi's

    <xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-process">type="xsl"</xsl:processing-instruction>

    <xsl:processing-instruction name="xml-stylesheet">href="people.xsl"
type="text/xsl"</xsl:processing-instruction>

is it useful for you ???

GABI