Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by ar...@za.safmarine.com on 2003/11/20 12:29:20 UTC

/ /OREF:CPTEAA71 Re: Upload portlet in jetspeed

Correction.
Just to be more precise, I call up my getString("
someOtherInputElement") before retrieving the FileItem object using
getFileItem(String).

String someOtherInputElement = parser.getParameters().getString
("someOtherInputElement");
FileItem fi = parser.getParameters().getFileItem("filename");

And the result is that my parameters such as e.g. "
someOtherInputElement" are null.

--Alen

             aribic@
             za.safm
             arine.c                                              To
             om              jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org,
                             cikibas@cs.indiana.edu
             11/20/2                                              cc
             003
             08:52                                           Subject
             AM              / /OREF:CPT4F0E0 Upload portlet in
                             jetspeed

             Please
             respond
             jetspee
             d-user@
             jakarta
             .apache
              .org

Hi there,

I saw the tutorial on creating an upload portlet  in jetspeed.

However I have one question and that is:
How do I get the values of other posted parameters when using the
different enctype (in this case multipart/form-data)?

e.g.
FileItem fi = parser.getParameters().getFileItem("filename");
String someOtherInputElement = parser.getParameters().getString
("someOtherInputElement");

The someOtherInputElement  in my case will return null when I use
multipart/form-data.

Any way for me to retrieve the posted parameters in Jetspeed/Turbine
when using the enctype set to multipart/form-data?

Thanks,
--Alen

For additional commands, e-mail:
jetspeed-user-help@jakarta.apache.org