Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/07 02:07:00 UTC

prepare Ivy 2.0.0 beta 1 announcement

I guess we should have the 2.0.0 beta 1 pretty soon, I'd like to discuss the
announcement so that everything is ready if the current build get approved
by the vote. Here is my proposition:
---------------------8<--------------------
Dec XX 2007 - The Apache Ivy project is please to announce its
2.0.0 beta 1 release, a new step on the road toward 2.0 final.

Ivy is a tool for managing (recording, tracking, resolving and
reporting) project dependencies, characterized by flexibility,
configurability, and tight integration with Apache Ant.

Apache Ivy has recently graduated fron the Apache Incubator as a
subproject of Apache Ant, as such this is its first release as an
official Apache project.

The status of this version is a beta, meaning that we encourage
users to try it out, this version is already providing a good stability and
robustness, API and features are still subject to change though.

Key features of the 2.0.0-beta1 release are
* enhanced Maven2 compatibility
* improved concurrency support with cache locking and atomic publish
* numerous bug fixes as documented in Jira and in the release notes.

Issues should be reported to:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY

Download the 2.0.0 alpha 2 release files at:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/download.html

More information can be found on the Ivy website:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/

Regards,
Xavier Hanin (2.0.0-beta1 release mgr)
---------------------8<--------------------
Thoughts?

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: prepare Ivy 2.0.0 beta 1 announcement

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 8, 2007 5:47 AM, Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2007 6:33 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > "Xavier Hanin" <xa...@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > Download the 2.0.0 alpha 2 release files at:
> > > http://ant.apache.org/ivy/download.html
> >
> > This page doesn't support our mirror infrastructure.  You should
> > replace the link with a CGI script (really only a one-liner) and
> > modify the HTML page to work as a template where some simple stuff
> > gets replaced.
> >
> > See Ant's bindownload.html for an example template.
>
> Ok, but where we put Ivy release?  in dist/ant, dist/ant/ivy, dist/ivy, or
> somewhere else?

I've seen that antlibs are in dist/ant/antlibs, so I guess dist/ant/ivy is a
good location. Any problem with that?

Xavier

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
Forgot to talk about tutorials review. Would add a line like this:
- all tutorials have been reviewed to be in sync with 2.0 changes

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/